Tuesday, August 23, 2011

I finished up the last block for this Swallow Tail yesterday, but on printing, it looks like I've go to go back into the blue block and do some more smoothing - the two dark lines are caused by two "bumps" running across the block. These in turn are caused when the rough-stock lumber is ran through a planner that has chips in the blade. Usually I sand these all out, but once in awhile I miss one (or two)...

I didn't want to muddy either of the back ground colors for the dragonfly print, so I carved another background block for it to see what orange would look like:

I've inadvertently created a controversy in the household, Deborah likes the blue one better, but Sophia and I like this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.