Thursday, May 13, 2010

"Plum Orchard" Artists Proof

I finished off a run of proofs from the blocks I've been cutting this week.

This woodblock printing thing confounds me... I get several colors down the run, and it looks like it's all falling apart fairly quickly. Just when I think seriously about throwing in the towel and start wondering just what it is I'm trying to accomplish, I finish printing the last color and viola! it all comes together.

I've got some work to do yet: get rid of some lines on the black block and maybe, maybe cut a pale yellow block to print amongst the "white" blossoms as flower centers, but I'm really, really happy with how this turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.